Nixon Hire was using a UNIX-based system which wasn't providing the flexibility for a growing company. It wanted a replacement Microsoft based rental software package which would be easy to adopt and use.
Today, MCS-rm is used by over 120 of their staff including the hire desk, accounts, purchasing, the workshop and sales. Core functionality including contact management, invoicing and purchase ordering has helped Nixon Hire deliver excellent service at a profit.
Every workshop activity is now recorded in MCS-rm. When a machine is transferred between depots, the service history can be accessed easily rather than relying on somebody to transfer the physical file with the machine. It’s also improved transparency in the workshop – we can report on any indicators at a touch of a button. We’ve substantially increased the number of warranty claims as the fitters can now record minor damage by simply ticking a box on the system, the whole process is much faster, easier and fully monitored.
The MCS Workshop Mobile and JobWatch partnership has enabled us to be more efficient in managing our service engineers. Working remotely in the field, our engineers now receive all their works orders on their mobile device with everything they need to complete the job. The information then ‘flows back’ into the MCS-rm allowing the depot managers to monitor the field engineers’ precise whereabouts and their accomplishments for the day.
Electronic invoicing has benefits for both sides: it reduces costs, production time and ensures the safe arrival of our invoices, while customers receive easily accessible invoices in their preferred ‘paperless’ format.
We can extract information easily in our preferred formats and Smart Alerts enables us to proactively monitor any anomalies. We couldn't report effectively from pieces of paper but can now analyse everything because it is all captured on the system.
Since using MCS-rm, Nixon Hire has been able to:
- Efficiently plan driver routes and receive real-time status updates from their drivers using the Transport Mobile app.
- Have a single integrated CRM which everyone being able to access whether on desktop or from the Mobile CRM app.
- Record all works order activity and share equipment workshop history electronically across the company.
- Schedule and manage their remote workshop fitters centrally delivering jobs direct to their mobiles and receiving real-time updates on complete activity.
- Increase its warranty claims with easier equipment damage recording.
- Save time and money by using electronic invoicing.
- Be warned of any critical anomalies as they arise.